Thursday, March 6, 2014

Feb 27 2014
I left NM today and followed NM highway 9 all the way to Texas. I then drove to Davis Mountain State Park. It is located in the Davis Mountains not far from the McDonald Observatory run by the University of Texas, Austin. They put on astronomy programs at the observatory for the general public. They fill up fast and if you should decide to go you will need to order your tickets well in advance. There is also a National Historical site in the town of Fort Davis.
I had a good time sitting at the bird feeding stations with my camera. I was disappointed to find that the feeders at the entrance station have been removed. That is where I spotted a group of Montezuma Quail two years ago. I didn’t find any in the park and no one I talked to had seen any. I did find a few other birds.


Black-crested Titmouse - Davis Mountain State Park TX
Canyon Towhee - Davis Mountain State Park TX
Chipping Sparrow - Davis Mountain State Park TX
Ladder-backed Woodpecker - Davis Mountain State Park TX
White-winged Dove - Davis Mountain State Park TX
View From Skyling Drive - Davis Mountain State Park TX
View From Skyling Drive - Davis Mountain State Park TX
If you look real close you can see my campground down in that patch of green - View From Skyling Drive - Davis Mountain State Park TX

No comments:

Post a Comment