Sunday, November 4, 2012

Cade's Cove Smokey Mountain NP


Nov 1, 2012 Thur
I had considered touring the Cade’s Cove area of the Smokey Mountains. My friend Catherine from Alabama said she enjoyed the area so off I went. It was a nice crisp fall day, but that did not seem to deter the masses and I do mean masses. The 11 mile one way auto tour loop was a never ending stream of traffic. There are plenty of pull outs and a visitor center with a snack bar and rest rooms, but I did not expect so many people. It must be as bad, or worse, than Yosemite in the summer.  I failed to see a black bear, but I did find some wildlife. I spent an hour swapping notes with a local photographer. She had her ipad with her and shared some of her work. Her macro images were very nice. She had water droplets with whole scenes in them. Really nice stuff.

Wild Turkey

Wild Turkey

Yellow-rumped Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
White-tailed Doe

No comments:

Post a Comment