Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Warblers and Friends


April 23, 2012

Called my sister Margaret today to wish her a Happy Birthday. Sent my friend Lolo an ecard for her birthday. Made my third trip to the Leonabelle Turnbull Birding Center in Port Aransas. I also stopped by Paradise Pond. To get to these places I have to take the ferry to Mustang Island, but it’s been the most productive area for warblers so far. I’ve seen more warblers than I have photographed. They are sure quick little suckers. Also most of the feeding stations and water features provided for the birds by the parks, organizations, and individual volunteers are in very shaded areas and I have discovered I need some special flash equipment to work with my large telephoto lens in order to photograph in these areas. I’m a little conflicted about using flash on wildlife. So many photographers are using it and when a little warbler comes out of the bush and lands on a water feature or limb you would think Princess Di just stepped out of a limo. I need to research this a little more. Here are the warblers and other birds I managed to catch in the sun or at least out of the very dark shade.
Chestnut-sided Warbler

Blue-winged Warbler


Black-throated Green Warbler


Canada Warbler

Red-eyed Vireo

Female Hooded Warbler

Common Yellowthroat

Veery

No comments:

Post a Comment