Thursday, March 6, 2014

Fort Hauchuca - Amerind Museum

Feb 12 2014
I decided to stay in Benson until the Olympics are over. I have cable TV in the park where I am staying and they carry all three NBC stations. YIPEE!!!
So during my stay I visited the Cochise Stronghold National Park, the Amerind Museum, and Fort Huachuca. If you are ever in the area I highly recommend visiting Fort Hauchuca. It is rich in the history of the original Buffalo Soldiers who served their country. This fort was also used as a detention camp for German prisoners of war. When they showed movies on saturday night the white German pisoners sat up front and the black soldiers sat in the back.

Load'er up. Picnic area at the Amerind Museum AZ
Sign at the picnic area of the Amerind Museum AZ
A memorial to the men and women who have lost their lives serving their country in a capacity that sometimes doesn't exist on paper.
A statue to commemorate the Indian scouts that helped the US Calvary. Old original fort barracks in the background.
Fort Hauchuca AZ
View from a hill at Fort Hauchuca AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment