Thursday, June 27, 2013

Ruby Mountains - Lamoille Canyon - Thomas Canyon Campground - NV

June 24 – 26 2013
A fellow FreeWheeler member is work camping at the Thomas Canyon campground in the Lamoille Canyon in the Ruby Mountains NV. I decided to stop and visit for a couple of days on my way to explore Montana. I had ask myself why she has returned to this summer job for the last five years. It didn’t take long to figure that out. The drive up the canyon to the campground was all I needed to answer my own question. This is a beautiful canyon and is only 20 miles South of Elko NV. If you should find yourself in the area I highly recommend a trip to Thomas Canyon campground. If you should decide to visit this area you can reserve a campsite through http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/Thomas_Canyon/r/campgroundDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&parkId=70344
On one of Patty’s days off we took a drive over to the Ruby Lake NWR. The refuge is a little farther off the beaten path, but I would love to return in the spring to catch the migrating birds. I'll make a separate post for the bird images from this trip.

Camp Hosts Patty and Sammy
Glacier Carved Canyon
View from Thomas Canyon Campground
Early Morning Light. - View from the Campground
End of the Road up the Canyon
Moon over the Canyon
Anyone up for a hike?
Oh What a Beautiful Day in the Canyon

No comments:

Post a Comment