Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Colusa NWR and Gray Lodge SWR

May 24 – 29 2013
I tried to hide out at one of my membership parks over the Memorial Day weekend. It was a zoo. Lots of adults, children and loud music. NOT a pleasant experience. I am now visiting a friend in Oroville. It’s sooooo quiet here. A couple of other friends decided to join us so it has turned into a lovely gathering. While in the area, I visited two wildlife refuges here in northern CA. I did not know Blue Herons ate snakes. It seems like I’m always learning something new out there with the wildlife.

Blue Heron eating a snake. Gray Lodge SWR CA
Baby Killdeer - Colusa NWR CA
Black-crowned Night-Heron - Colusa NWR CA
Cinnamon Teal - Colusa NWR CA
Mule Deer - Colusa NWR CA
Jack Rabbit - Colusa NWR CA
Pied-billed Grebe - Colusa NWR CA
Western Kingbird - Colusa NWR CA
Western Kingbird - Gray Lodge SWR CA
Western Wood-Peewee - Colusa NWR CA
Western Wood-Peewee - Colusa NWR CA

No comments:

Post a Comment