Saturday, August 25, 2012


Aug 22, 2012 Wed
Here I was driving down the highway with a plan to visit the Pocono Mountains. Why? I’m not really sure. I think I saw them in a 1940’s movie or something. Go figure. Then I saw a sign that read “Niagara Falls 20 miles”. I really had no intention of visiting Niagara Falls, but come on – 20 miles. It was not quite noon so I thought I could get a campsite for the night, unhook and check out the falls that afternoon and get back on the road the next day. That’s just what I did. So now I can say I’ve seen Niagara Falls. They are a pretty magnificent natural feature. The area around the falls is very commercial.
I found the Niagara River to be quite impressive on its own. It's very wide and swift just up stream from the falls. You can view the river from Goat Island. Goat Island is part of the the state park just over a small bridge from the main viewing area.
Horseshoe Falls from a distance
American Falls
 
American Falls - Yes I was that close. AWESOME!!!
Niagara River NY
Niagara River section going through Three Sisters Islands off of Goat Island

No comments:

Post a Comment