Monday, August 20, 2012

Lake Erie at Geneva OH


Aug 20, 2012 Sun
This is twice now that my schedule has worked out so that I could go through the big city on the map, this time Cleveland, on a Sunday morning. It makes it so easy. I wanted to continue my journey along the Great Lakes and was lucky not to have to either go around Cleveland or sit in traffic. There were a dozen other people and myself on the highway all the way through Cleveland. Yahoo!
The map indicated there was a state park in Ohio on Lake Erie and I could get there via highway 20 and miss the toll road. I was driving east on 20 when I came to a sign that said “Welcome to Perry”. Perry…. Perry….. Why does that sound so familiar? About half way through Perry I remembered my friend Kathy used to talk about her hometown of Perry Ohio. Well isn’t this a small world. I noticed two ladies sitting at a couple of tables with items for sale and a big sign that read “Perry Flea Market”. I took a photo of the sign and sent it to Kathy. She got a kick out of it. I received a text message from Kathy and her partner informing me of a couple of good restaurants in the area. Unfortunately they were both closed on Monday, my only day in town. I did have a nice lunch and a beer on the shores of Lake Erie.
Geneva State Park is a nice State Park with electrical hookups. As with most state parks it’s a zoo on the weekends.

Lake Erie at Geneva OH

No comments:

Post a Comment