Thursday, April 12, 2012

Gladys Porter Zoo Brownsville TX


April 12, 2012

While I was staying on SPI, I took a trip to Brownsville to visit the Gladys Porter Zoo. http://www.gpz.org/aboutgpz.html
I was told that some local wild egrets had taken over an area of the zoo and formed a rookery. I’ve been spoiled having grown up with world famous St. Louis zoo that was curated by Marlin Perkins my entire childhood and a lot of my adult life. And of course I’ve had the San Diego zoo in CA. All that said this is a very nice zoo with large open enclosures for most of the animals. I won’t bore you with tons of zoo shots, but here are a few I thought worth sharing. I’ll post the rookery photos later.

Addax - An endangered antelope from the Sahara Desert



Mandarin Duck


Zebra Family
African Crested Cranes
Serval Cat (for the cat lovers out there)

No comments:

Post a Comment