Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Road runner photos


Feb 11, 2012 Sat
I thought I was in the boonies before. Today I drove to Alamo Lake State Park. From where I had just camped I drove another 6 miles up highway 60 and then turned on a narrow, paved road and drove 40 miles until the road ended at the state park. Now THIS is out in the boonies. No cell service or internet. Sorta weird finding a large lake at the end of a road in the middle of the desert. After all the brain drain setting up the new computer I decided to sit in my chair and stare at the lake for the remainder of the day. Of course I set up the camera gear just in case. I was just about to fall asleep in my chair when I heard the call of a roadrunner. It was very close. I stood up behind the camera and the little beep beep came strolling through my campsite. At one point it was so close all I could get in the frame was it’s head. How cool was that? Just after sunset the coyotes began their chorus. Then they were joined by a wild burro. Quite an interesting blend of voices. Well maybe blend wasn’t the correct word. 
Beep Beep

No comments:

Post a Comment